vrijdag 18 april 2014

Personal shopper: the experience

Hey everyone! My father had told me for a while now that he had a huge surprise for me. Yesterday, D-Day was finally there: after weeks I would find out about it! Now this surprise, I would have never guessed. My dad took me to Leuven, and what waited me there was every girl's dream. It was my very own personal shopper for one day. I can tell you it was a special, but awesome experience which I won't forget that quickly!


So first, while we met, Ann, who is a color and style consultant, analysed the colors of my body (such as hair, eyes and skin color) to define my color type. She even looked behind my ear, which I first thought was really weird haha. She explaned by the fact that behind your ear, the sun barely ever reaches your body surface, so it's where you have to look when wanting to define your real skin color. Apparently I am a spring type, so she explaned light colors look well on me. The first conversation was fun and I liked her immediately because she seemed so spontaneous. Time for a body type analysation! According to my measurements, I am an X-type with curves. Luckily for me, because this type can wear almost anything, said Ann. So, the practical stuff were settled, now shopping was the only thing on our agenda left! We crossed aaaaall over town, and I discovered some really nice shops and streets of whom I didn't even know they exist. Especially I loved the shops where they sold the collections of Ann De Meulemeester and Dries Van Noten, both belgian designers. I'm already thinking of saving some money to buy some really nice sunglasses of Dries Van Noten! At all events, at noon, I had bought two beautiful pieces of Gaudi ( a yellow dress and a golden top), which you can spot below. I can recommend a personal shopper to everyone, it's nice to have some advise of a pro while shopping. It's important I think that you can get along with him/her for an optimal experience. But that won't be a problem, since personal shoppers do this job a lot and actually enjoy it! Enjoy the pictures!

You can find Ann's website here.


















3 opmerkingen:

  1. That was such a sweet thing to get from your dad, Ornella! And I think Ann is really an efficient one. She helped you learn new things when it comes to fashion. You’re so lucky to have her as your shopping companion! Cheers!

    Ben Arnold

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Wow! Wat a fun surprise that must have been!
    Have a great day my dear!
    xx Frederique
    http://fablefrique.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen